Home Page Email Us Site Map
Various Buildings Tullamore Building Trim Building Carlow Building

Agreed HR Policies

Do I have to apply on the CAF if I am already on a transfer list?

It is important to note that the CAF should be used even where a person’s name is already on an existing transfer list or if they have already written to their own or another department/organisation looking for a transfer to a decentralised location. If a person is working in a public sector organisation which is not decentralising, a staff member may still be able to apply for decentralisation.  It should be noted that while expressions of preference are sought and accepted on this basis, all transfers within the Civil Service between grades and all transfers between the Civil Service and other agencies will be subject to further discussion between the official side and public service unions.