Home Page Email Us Site Map
Various Buildings Tullamore Building Trim Building Carlow Building

Using the CAF (Central Applications Facility)

Who is eligible to apply for decentralisation?

If you are a staff member of one on the participating organisations you can apply. A full list of the participating organisations can be found at the following link: http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/en/caf/default.do

All staff – both in civil service organisations and those in non-Civil Service agencies and organisations – may express a preference for any location in the programme or for another existing decentralised/ provincial location. Those who wish to do so may indicate their preferences in respect of transfers at their current grade to posts being decentralised in their parent organisation and transfers at their current or recognised equivalent grades to posts in other organisations currently in the provinces or being decentralised as part of the programme. Therefore, Civil servants may express a preference for a transfer to a post in a non-civil service organisation being transferred and non-civil service staff may express a preference for a location to which a Civil Service organisation is being transferred.  

If you are considering applying for decentralisation or have applied and want to find out the up-to-date position in relation to your application you should discuss with your local Liaison Officer and /or HR advisor.